Canvey Island Youth Project is a small local charity based on Canvey Island, Essex. We help young people between 11 and 25. They may be homeless or have no money for food or clothing. They may need someone to talk to or need information on issues such as benefits, drugs or alcohol. We are here to help.
We help young people by…
- Listening to problems or concerns in a non-judgemental way
- Offering information on which to base their decisions
- Filling in forms or helping to understand questions
- Offering advocacy and support to talk to other agents, parents or carers
- Offering counselling or befriending on a one-to-one basis
- Offering information on issues like drugs, education, health, benefits…
We are open Monday to Thursday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 12 p.m. to 5p.m. Counselling and Befriending is by appointment and can be made outside our opening hours.
All our work is free and confidential
This website has been funded by the Co-operative Membership Community Fund Award