Youth Support Worker
An exciting position has become available within a CYP Yellow Door for a Part-time Youth Worker. £12.00 an hour, 12 hours a week.
Your role will be to promote the personal, educational, creative, and social developments of young people, helping them reach their full potential. Helping to create a safe and supportive environment where young people learn and grow.
- Friendly, cheerful, positive and self-driven, able to work independently and as part of a Team
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly establish positive relationships with young people and motivate them to participate in activities and events
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Understanding and appreciation of the importance of monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to prioritise effectively and enjoy multi-tasking in a busy environment
- Able to understand safeguarding children and young people and how to maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- A working understanding of equality and diversity with the ability to challenge discriminatory behaviour.
- You will need to be able to start the internship at the beginning March 2024 at the latest.
- Supporting Youth Groups, Outreach and detached work.
- Developing, planning and delivering informal education programme and activities within the Youth Group settings. For example, delivering and reviewing lessons/activities, completing curriculum templates for sessions.
- Welcoming young people to Group Sessions and activities, ensuring everything is running smoothly and supporting young people to engage with the activities and learning.
- Helping to create a safe environment for the young people to learn.
- Ensuring Safeguarding policies and procedures are followed and that the safeguarding of young people is paramount
- Having conversations with young people, identifying issues affecting them and how their needs can be met and supporting young people to break down barriers to learning.
- Mentoring, coaching and supporting individuals, encouraging young people to develop their self-awareness, independence and individuality
- Identifying where targeted youth support is needed and facilitate referrals, connections and developing new programmes.
- Helping ensure that all evidence of work with young people is properly documented, evaluated and reported
- Keeping registers, writing evaluation reports and case studies
- Staying informed on legislation, local and national issues, and best practice in youth work
- Carry out all duties in accordance with company policies on Health and Safety, Child Protection and Data Protection, and with relevant legislation
- Supporting team of volunteers and apprentice youth worker
- Any other duties appropriate to the post
Location: Yellow Door Youth Hub and during outreach parts of Castle Point, no working from home, work takes place afternoons and evenings. Some weekend work will be required.
Canvey Island Youth Project (Yellow Door)
Canvey Island Youth Project (Yellow Door) is a small independent charity providing a range of services for young people age 11 to 25. Their focus is on young people’s health and well-being providing services such as an advice, information, counselling, outreach, small groups work, youth clubs and activities and drug and alcohol education.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic organisation
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
- Make a positive difference to young peoples lives.
Closing date for applications Friday 19th January 2024 at 5 p.m.
Interview dates: Week Starting 29th January 2024.
Yellow Door are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
Please note, we are operating a “safer recruitment” policy and therefore we will take at least two references before employees start, and all employees will need to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are looking for a challenge, please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the role requirements and how you can demonstrate that you have the skills and experience to do the work? to firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like any more information about the work please call Alex on 01268 683431.